Friday, April 07, 2006

Earth Day 2006

I think Earth Day counts as an astronomy topic.

This year Earth Day will be on April 26. And Astronomy Day follows hard on its heels on May 6.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of success at Stargazer Tees with my Earth Day 2006 t-shirt. This is actually an illustration I did a few years ago for a Christmas card, but I think it works OK in this context:



Yes, it's true, only women have purchased this design. Oddly enough, I'm making at least half my sales to women, even though astronomy is a hobbly largely pursued by men. I assume that this is because women are the "gift buyers" in the family. So, the conundrum becomes, should I design shirts that appeal to men or shirts that appeal to women shopping for men? Welcome to retail.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger sanxuan said...

hi,
grab ur "Earth Day 2006 t-shirt" pic and posted in my blog.
but i'll put the source link of course :))
got this pic thru googling.

will remove it if it troubled you.

thanks :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home